BTSE Associate Members, Home-Start Bromley, talk about their new group for mothers who have experienced domestic abuse.
At Home-Start Bromley we provide support to families in the area who may be struggling – going through crisis or transitions.
Our aim is to get positive outcomes for both children and their parents.
We’re now pleased to be starting a new support group for mothers who’ve experienced domestic abuse…
Moving Beyond Abuse
Called Moving Beyond Abuse, this new support group starts in Autumn 2021.
The group is specifically for mothers who have experienced domestic abuse in different ways and who require support in moving forward from this. It’s an 8 week programme, one and half hours each week, led by Belinda Smith, an experienced and qualified BACP Counsellor who specialises in working with women.
Providing a safe space
The group will provide a safe space for mothers to come together to process their experiences of domestic abuse. It’s open to any mothers in the Bromley area who have experienced emotional, mental, physical, financial abuse or who have been victim of coercive control.
Over the course of 8 weeks the group will consider issues such as:
- Recognising and processing the impact of domestic abuse
- Strategies for supporting your children to overcome this experience
- Managing co-parenting and contact arrangements
- Personal boundaries
- Healing, Recovery and Moving forward.
What can participants expect?
- A safe, caring, and supportive environment – where you can share your experience
- A contract will be agreed as a group, the importance of confidentiality will be understood and respected by everyone in the group
- Meeting other mothers who have also been impacted by domestic abuse – shared experience.
Sign up for the group
If you or someone you know is interested in joining, please contact us directly – 07951 156467 or 0203 665 9860 or email email@example.com
Professionals in Bromley
If you work with mothers in Bromley, we also have a referral form you can use. Download Home-Start Bromley’s referral form.
Where and When?
The group will meet at Azelia Hall 258 Croydon Road Beckenham BR3 4DA. Starting on Wednesday 13th October 2021 for 8 weeks – 12.30-2pm.
Please contact Sheron Mills, Scheme Operations Manager at Home-Start Bromley if you would like to find out more about this support group or any other the other ways Home-Start Bromley helps families and children in Bromley borough: firstname.lastname@example.org